This is the post for the week of October 13, 2015.
Readings for the week of October 13
I’ve gathered some resources that will help you with whatever you proposed. Read the information that pertains to what you have proposed.
Tips for Job-App Materials slide presentation (applies to nearly everyone)
Common resume mistakes (applies to nearly everyone, not just resumes)
- For LinkedIn:
- 5 Essential Tips for a KILLER LinkedIn Summary
- Your LinkedIn Profile Summary: How to Distinguish Yourself from Your Company
- How To Improve Your LinkedIn Background Summary
- How To Make Your LinkedIn Headline Stand Out
- LinkedIn Cheat Sheet: 5 Tips For A Professional Profile
- LinkedIn: What To Include In Your Work History
- For a resume:
- Resume Objectives (from VT Career Services)
- Resumes and vitae guide (from VT Career Services)
- Resumes 101: Swap a Stale Objective for a Fresh Branding Statement
- Resume Tips (from VT HR)
- Avoid the Top 10 Resume Mistakes
- If you are writing both a resume and a LinkedIn profile:
Work for the week of October 13
Since it’s break this weekend, I’m keeping the work light. Enjoy your long weekend!
Continue working on Project 3. Assume your proposal will be accepted.
Watch for a reply to your proposal by the end of the week. Be sure to check the comments. If you need to make any adjustments to your plans, I will tell you about it there.
Be ready to post a draft version of Project 3 for peer review by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, 10/20. If you do not submit your draft on time, you will not receive feedback. Peer review feedback is due by 11:59 PM on Thursday, 10/22. The final version of your project is due by 11:59 PM on Monday, 11/26.
If you have any questions about the assignments, post them in the Questions about Projects 3 Discussion in Canvas.