This is the post for the week of September 22, 2015.
This week you will complete peer review for the second project and then submit your work by 11:59 PM on Monday, 9/28. If you need more time, use the grace period and turn in your work by 11:59 PM on Monday, 10/5.
Readings for the week of September 22
For this week, please review the following as needed:
- Editing and Proofreading tips and skim Appendix B of Markel.
- Documentation on Peer Review in Canvas:
- Documentation on Submitting Assignments in Canvas:
Work for the week of September 22
- Turn in your Project 2 rough drafts for Peer Feedback by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, September 22. Follow these instructions to post your draft:
- Go to Discussions in Canvas.
- Choose the "Project 2 Peer Review" discussion.
- Post a reply to the Discussion (Canvas Documentation) that includes the following information in the body of the message:
- Tell your readers what your career goal is (e.g., Project Manager for a Civil Engineering firm).
- Ask your readers to look at anything you are trying to improve. Let them know the kind of advice you need.
- If relevant, explain anything else you want your readers to know.
- Attach your table to the Discussion message. Be sure your file is a *.doc, *.docx, or *.pdf file.
- Respond to the two drafts you have been assigned for Peer Feedback by 11:59 PM on Thursday, September 24, following these instructions:
- Follow the Canvas Documentation to find the drafts you have been assigned. Note that you must have turned in your draft on time to be assigned peer review partners.
- Write a response to each of the two drafts (Canvas Documentation) that includes the following information:
- Check the title of the document, and tell your partner if it is clear and effective.
- If you notice any spelling errors, punctuation errors, or typos, you can mention them in your comments, but please focus more on the content than editing and proofreading.
- Add comments on the content of the draft. Comment on at least three things your classmate does well and at least three things that your classmate could improve on.
- Revise your draft based on the peer feedback you received, using the Canvas Documentation to find your peers’ feedback.
- Submit your revised draft by 11:59 PM on Monday, September 28, following these instructions. If you need an extension, take advantage of the Grace Period and submit your revised draft by 11:59 PM on Monday, October 5. Remember that there are no revisions or rewrites after your work is graded.