This is the post for the week beginning September 1, 2015.
Readings for the Week of September 1
For today’s session, please read the following:
- Information on how ethical issues affect technical writing and chapter 2 of Markel.
- Details on the importance of audience and purpose and chapter 4 of Markel.
- Strategies for adapting your writing to the needs of your readers and chapter 6 of Markel.
- Examples for Project 1, to help you understand the assignment.
Help with Canvas
- Read the Student Getting Started with Canvas Guide.
- Use the From Scholar to Canvas – Tool Map to figure how to how do something in Canvas that you know how to do in Scholar.
- To ask a quick question, click Help at the upper right corner of the screen, and select one of the help options from the pop-up window. Canvas helpdesk consultants are available 24/7 via chat, phone, or through online ticket.
Work for the Week of September 1
Please complete these tasks:
Go to Tests & Quizzes in Canvas, and complete the reading quizzes on Chapters 2, 4 and 6 of Markel by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, September 8. You get an extra 24 hours this week because of the Labor Day holiday. See the policies for quizzes on the course logistics page.
Go to Discussions in Canvas, and choose the "Analyzing Example Bio Statements" discussion. Analyze the examples for Project 1 using the discussion questions in Canvas. You will be working in small groups again to help manage the conversation.
Continue working on the drafts for your bio statement. You will post your draft for peer review feedback on Tuesday, September 8. Project 1 is due on Monday, September 14. The grace period ends on Monday, September 21.
If you have any questions (today or in the future) about the first assignment, go to Discussions in Canvas and post them in the Questions about Project 1 discussion. You can skim through this topic for answers as well.